We’re less than a month away from an epic presidential election.
- National politics are in turmoil, leading to tremendous uncertainty about our future.
- Foreign governments are seemingly able to hack into our highest levels of secure data at will, putting everyone’s information at risk.
- Terrorism and war are a fact of life in this day and age.
What can we do to deal with the chaos?
We can only manage what we can control and that does not include any of the facts listed above. Much like an artist, if you can ignore everything around your canvas, you can focus on what is important and needs your attention.
So instead, focus your energy on asking yourself the following questions:
- Where do you see yourself in five years, both personally and professionally?
- Do you have specific goals for yourself and your family? Your business?
- Have you set aside money for your children’s education?
- Are you adequately prepared for retirement?
- Have you put your plans in writing, and communicated them to family members?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
Taking the time to focus on your future should give you a sense of being in control, and then holding yourself accountable for accomplishing your goals will reinforce that feeling.
It’s not easy, but you can create some peace of mind in this chaotic world.
Paint your own picture.